Thanks for visiting AbbVie’s ankylosing spondylitis (AS) disease awareness Instagram page “Bec Payne”. Bec Payne is not a real person, rather she is a fictional character that helps to personify AS and the impact that the condition has upon those affected by it.
This Instagram profile helps to raise awareness about AS with the aim of reducing time to diagnosis for patients by directing people to the Don’t Turn Your Back On It symptom screener located at http://dontturnyourbackonit.com.au/symptom-screener/.
We welcome the opportunity to hear from you. If you comment or ask questions, please follow these community guidelines to ensure we provide you with the best experience.
Please remember that AbbVie is part of a highly-regulated industry with unique legal considerations. We are governed by and strictly adhere to federal legislation and also an industry code of conduct which means we do not engage in conversations regarding sensitive topics or discussions about our products, other companies’ products or treatment options. These discussions are best held in private with a health care professional.
Because of this, discussions need to be on-topic and constructive.
Comments on the Bec Payne Instagram profile that include any of the following are considered not constructive and will be deleted:
- Names of our products or other companies’ products;
- Offers of health or medical advice;
- Profane, defamatory, libellous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning content, including images, videos and links;
- Disparaging, threatening, violent or illegal content;
- Personal information, like the names of individuals (note that this does not include tagging of profiles), email addresses, phone numbers, personal photos or videos;
- Proprietary, confidential, sensitive, or non-public information;
- Content in breach of copyright or intellectual property laws
- Information that is commercial in nature, with an intent to sell products and services or recruit fans and followers to other social communities;
- Information that is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- Excessively repetitive and/or disruptive content (SPAM); or
- Any violation of Instagram’s community guidelines
Please be aware that followers who violate the above rules may be blocked from our Instagram profile. In this case, the user would no longer be able to follow or comment on our posts.
AbbVie is not responsible for and does not assume any liability for any such third party.
Safety information & product quality complaints
If you believe you have experienced an adverse event from an AbbVie product or have a product quality complaint, please consult your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.
We strongly suggest you avoid sharing specific information concerning your personal health on Instagram, other social media sites, and the Internet in general. Should you, however, comment on any adverse event experiences or product quality issues of an AbbVie product on the Bec Payne Instagram page or via direct message, AbbVie may contact you for more information.
Using and storing personal identifying information
AbbVie will not disclose or share personal identifying information on this Instagram profile unless we have obtained proper consents. We do not store or use your Instagram unique ID, email or other personal identifying information. However, in the case of reporting a side effect or product issue, we will need to store and use personal identifying information, such as your name, location, health-related information or similar, in accordance with applicable laws. This information is required to be submitted to the AbbVie Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety department and/or regulatory authorities.
We are also required to store your personal identifying information for auditing purposes.
In some instances AbbVie may choose to use third-party service providers to help us manage comments and messages, which means that they too would have access to any personal identifying information you share with us. Such third-party service providers are contractually bound and trained to ensure an adequate protection and security of your personal identifying information.